All Fields are Open! See your local Region web site for details.
HEADING THE BALL
- Consistent with the US Soccer mandates on heading the ball, heading is banned for ALL division players U11 (including U12 divisions without a single age division ) and below in both practices and games.
- An indirect free kick will be awarded to the opposing team if a player deliberately touches the ball with his/her head during a game.
- The indirect free kick is to be taken from the place where the player touch the ball with his/her head.
- An indirect free kick awarded to the attacking team inside the opposing team’s Penalty area must be taken on the Penalty area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the player touch the ball with his/her head.
- Neither cautions nor send offs shall be issued for persistent infringement or denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity related to the heading infraction.
- Heading for players in U14 age division is limited to a maximum of 30 minutes per week with no more than 15-20 headers per player. There are no restrictions on heading in matches in U14 division.
With the approaching fall 2016 season, you’ve got questions:
- Who is my coach?
- What supplies do I need?
- Where will I practice?
- And many more…?
To find the answers to your questions click here.
Have a great fall season!
Our Regions and their Commissioners
The San Diego AYSO Super Camp, started in 2011, is an opportunity for AYSO Volunteers to have local access to a broad variety of training. This annual event, hosted by Areas V, S, and R, delivers training across Coaching and Referee disciplines with additional clinics offered on an as needed basis.